Gabrielle Taylor is a psychotherapist and a Transformational Coach. Her passion is to offer support and guidance to sensitive, visionary leaders who deeply desire to break through to the next level of their project, business or their dream.
For over 12 years, Gabrielle has helped thousands of clients break through the blocks that hold them back from achieving their full potential. Her insight, compassion and depth allow her clients to reframe their challenges and discover their hidden gifts, empowering them to bring their unique soulful projects to the world.
Born in Montreal to a multi-cultural family, Gabrielle has always been a spiritual seeker and a lifelong learner. After studying Fine-Arts at Dawson College and Concordia University, her interest in yoga and meditation led her to India where she experienced these in a community setting. Upon her return she completed a yoga teacher training program at the Integral Yoga Institute in Connecticut and eventually joined a monastic community to deepen that practice. After three years of community living, she returned to school to complete a degree in Religious Studies at McGill University.
After leaving Montreal and starting a family, Gabrielle sought to expand her ability to help others and pursued a Master’s in Counseling from University of Sherbrooke. Her passion and commitment for transformational work led her to continue her training in Family and Couples Therapy (University of Sherbrooke) as well as Drama Therapy (IFACEF, Montreal).
For the past 20 years, Gabrielle has lived in an "old fixer-upper" in Quebec's Eastern Townships, which her husband lovingly restores. The children have grown up and left and at various times the house was also inhabited by dogs, a cat, hamsters and goldfish. Gabrielle enjoys spending time with family and friends, taking nature walks, biking, skiing and the occasional horseback ride. She also loves to draw, read and discover new recipes.
Professional Training & Qualifications
I am very grateful to have had wonderful opportunities, over the years, to learn from a wide variety of people and within varying contexts.
- 1984-1992 – Bachelor of Arts, McGill – Religious Studies
- 1986- 1989 – Benedictine Community, Montréal, Québec – Training in the practice and teaching of Meditation
- 1986 – Yoga Teacher Training Certificate, Integral Yoga Center, Montreal, Qc.
- 1985- Ecumenical Delegate, sent by Ecumenical Center of Montreal- Taizé meeting, Madras, India
- 2001-2002 – Certificate in Psychology, Université du Québec
- 2003-2006 Master’s of Counselling, Université de Sherbrooke, Québec
- 2005-2009 – Post Graduate Certificate in Marriage and Family Counselling, Université de Sherbrooke, Québec
- 2008-2014 Certificate in Drama Therapy, IFACEF, Montreal, Québec