- Do you know you need to be more visible but feel uncomfortable or freeze up when you put yourself out in public view? Does this impact your ability to share your message through marketing or networking?
- Do you struggle with overwhelm? Being sensitive means that you reach your threshold of arousal more quickly. The ongoing demands of your business may be leaving you drained and depleted leading to exhaustion or shutdown.
- Do you find yourself self-sabotaging your progress or success; unconsciously saying no to clients or important projects, underperforming, undervaluing yourself or conversely getting stuck in perfectionism?
- Do you sometimes wonder whether you are cut out to run a business and that you’re never going to make it no matter how hard you try? You know the steps you need to take to move forward, but somehow you just can’t seem to follow through and get them done?
Chances are if you’re highly sensitive woman, you will have said yes to at least one of these questions. As you can see your sensitivity has a direct impact on all aspects of your life including your business and so knowing more about it may be crucial to you.
What does it mean to be highly sensitive?
Sensitivity is related to arousal levels. When you’re sensitive, you reach your threshold for arousal sooner with apparently less stimulation. But it’s not because you cannot handle stimulation but rather because you are more keenly aware of the subtleties and many various facets of your surroundings. You also likely have a very active and rich inner world. All this means that you are taking in and processing a great deal of information, both inner and outer at any given moment.
The ramifications of this can be wide and deep in all areas of your life including your business. You may find yourself seriously held back or even stuck in one of the scenarios above. You may even see the way forward and yet there are some blocks that you can’t seem to overcome on your own. I want to let you know that you can move beyond this stuck place and you can discover a way of negotiating the ongoing demands of your business with much more grace, confidence and ease.
The way forward:
What I’ve discovered in my work with clients, is that the first step is most often recognizing and claiming your special gifts as a highly sensitive soul. Rather than liabilities that hold you back, that need to be ignored or pushed through, you can learn how to use those very strengths to propel yourself and your business forward!
Learn how to:
- Communicate your message with confidence and clarity
- Attract the clients you really want to work with and that you are meant to serve
- Manage the flow of your energy so that you have plenty to spare
- See your sensitivity as a gift rather than a liability so that you stand in your value and know the value you have to offer others
- set life-affirming boundaries to navigate the ongoing demands of your business with ease and grace
Stop swimming against the current today and learn to navigate the demands of running a thriving business in a way that honours your sensitive soul and has you feeling full of energy even at the end of the day!